Blog Home Page

राजनीति नहीं, निर्णय करो, राजधानी गैरसैंण गोषित करो.....!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

a2lp3

You are here ->
Home -> Bedni winter trek -> Almora to Lohajung -> Part 3




This pic was taken from Garur. I had told my guide to come and meet me over here. We took a jeep from Garur to Lohajung.

The path from Garur to Gwaldam is very pretty.

Stopped to take some pics on the way to Gwaldam. The people living near this taxi stop must be getting some nice views throughout the year :-)

Now the three spikes on Trishul (Trident) become more clear from this angle.


Far in the distance, one can see the Api peak of Nepal. For close up view of this peak, check the trip report to Narayan Ashram over here.

Finally we reached Gwaldam. Stopped here for some chai (tea), samosas and sweets.

This is a close up view of Trishul from Gwaldam, taken with a great difficulty - since I discovered that my tripod was broken. Had to adjust the tripod with a small twig. :-)



This is a close up shot of Nanda Ghunti, which is to the left of Trishul. Just below Nanda Ghunti lies Ali and Bedni bugyal - the patch of grass above the tree line. This is where we planned to trek to.


Home -> Bedni winter trek -> Almora to Lohajung -> Part 3

5 Comments:

Blogger Abhineet said...

What focal length were you using to take zoomed in shots of the snow mountain from Gwaldam? Have you invested in a new zoom lens for your dslr? ..just wondering.. :) I love to visit your blog.. it's just so easy and relaxing for me... even have it bookmarked on my mozilla .. best!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 10:24:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Prashant Joshi said...

I used a 200 mm lens at Gwaldam. I have been using it for quite some time now.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 1:46:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Aditya said...

Good pics of Trishul, gullu.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 9:32:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Pics. What time of year was it? I am plannign atrip from 27 Jan to 29 Jan. Is it feasible?

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 7:12:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Prashant Joshi said...

Yup. I went in nov end and December. Go go go

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 1:56:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home