Blog Home Page

राजनीति नहीं, निर्णय करो, राजधानी गैरसैंण गोषित करो.....!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Almora to Lohajung

You are here ->

Home -> Bedni winter trek -> Almora to Lohajung

Since there are too many pics (as usual), I have broken this section into 4 parts.

The journey to Almora was, in one word, disastrous. All thanks to Indian Railways. I took a train from Benaras to Lucknow, only to find that my AC compartment was cancelled. Had to travel in a general compartment. Then the train at Lucknow was late by more than 3 hours. Finally, the train from Lucknow stopped at some village about 50 kms before Bareilly. And it stoped there for around 6.5 hours. Then it was announced that the train will not go further. So I finally managed to get a shared qualis with another family travelling till Dharchula. They took me till ?Kathgodam, from where I had to book a full taxi to Almora (since it was already getting dark). Reached Almora at dinner time instead of reaching between breakfast and lunch. bah.

Home -> Bedni winter trek -> Almora to Lohajung

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prashant-ji,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your absolutely splendid gallery. These recent posts are unbelievably clear, although I would have expected some snow at the time!

I love the dog pictures; and the Nanda Devi shots look like as if you were standing directly on the snow slopes!

Great comment on terrorism!!

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 5:39:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Prashant Joshi said...

Hello,
Great to know that you liked them so much. Keep watching this space. In the next few weeks I will update the write up also

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 2:53:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home